My family can't get enough of this finger-lickin'-good chicken, and I often double the recipe. The sauce can also be used when grilling chicken. —Harriet Lusch, Muncie, Indiana
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sherry or apple juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Glazed Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p64
Reviews forHoney-Marinated Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
"Made as instructed (using apple juice) and the only flavor that came through was the soy sauce. Couldn't discern honey at all. Disappointed."