- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sherry or apple juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Glazed Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p64
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey-Marinated Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
"Made as instructed (using apple juice) and the only flavor that came through was the soy sauce. Couldn't discern honey at all. Disappointed."