- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sherry or apple juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Honey-Marinated Chicken
Sort By :
Made as instructed (using apple juice) and the only flavor that came through was the soy sauce. Couldn't discern honey at all. Disappointed.
This recipe has wonderful flavor, was simple to make, and my whole family loved it. I didn't use the sauce as a marinade however, I basted the chicken every 20 minutes, and the sauce in the pan after the chicken was done, we put over rice.