Honey Maple Cookies Recipe
Honey and maple syrup make these chocolate chip cookies a little different. The maple flavor is light and subtle. —Barbara Kuder, Tribune, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:60 servings
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add honey and syrup, a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled). Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to honey mixture and mix just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC