Honey Maple Cookies
Honey and maple syrup make these chocolate chip cookies a little different. The maple flavor is light and subtle. —Barbara Kuder, Tribune, Kansas
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add honey
- and syrup, a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will
- appear curdled). Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and
- salt. Gradually add to honey mixture and mix just until moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks. Yield: 5 dozen.