- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add honey and syrup, a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled). Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to honey mixture and mix just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Honey Maple Cookies
"unless I had a free supply of honey and maple syrup I would not make them again. Regular choc chip cookies taste just as good."
"One of my family members liked these, but the rest of us not so much. Bland and too much work."
"Really great! We didn't have enough shortening so substituted butter and the turned out really good! We also substituted our vacancy in recommended pecans for walnuts, delicious! Great recipie!"
"I used Agave nectar instead of maple syrup, which proved to be pretty tasty. The Pecans were kind of overpowering though. If I make them again I will use less Pecans and more chocolate chips."
"I made this for our annual family beach trip along with two other cookies and these went pretty quick. My family loved them as did my husband. His co-workers also enjoyed them. I used sugar-free maple syrup as well as sugar-free honey. I'll definitely be making them again. They are now one of my favorite cookies."