Honey-Lime Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole roasting chicken (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Carefully loosen the skin from the entire chicken. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, mustard and cumin.
- 2. Using a turkey baster, baste under the chicken skin with 1/3 cup lime juice mixture. Tie drumsticks together. Pour remaining lime juice mixture over chicken.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting every 30 minutes with drippings (cover loosely with foil after 1 to 1-1/2 hours or when golden brown). Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Remove and discard skin before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 197 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Honey-Lime Roasted Chicken
"Mmmm, this was fantastic several years ago. I'm purging my saved mags & entering much-loved recipes into my box."
"tried it again with injecting the lime sauce, very tender and delicous. will use the leftovers in tomorrows mexican dish"
"Was good but not a family pleaser"
"This recipe is delicious. I actually inject the meat with the lime juice mixture and it creates the moistest meat you've ever tasted!"