Honey-Lime Red Snapper Recipe
- 3/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1. In a small bowl, combine lime juice and honey. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Place remaining mixture in a small saucepan; set aside.
- 2. Drain fish and discard marinade. Sprinkle fillets with chili powder; place on a greased broiler pan.
- 3. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4. Meanwhile, bring reserved lime juice mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half. Spoon over fillets. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 277 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.