Honey-Lime Red Snapper Recipe
- 3/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1. In a small bowl, combine lime juice and honey. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Place remaining mixture in a small saucepan; set aside.
- 2. Drain fish and discard marinade. Sprinkle fillets with chili powder; place on a greased broiler pan.
- 3. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4. Meanwhile, bring reserved lime juice mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half. Spoon over fillets. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 277 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 5 lean meat
Reviews for Honey-Lime Red Snapper
"Even my husband who doesn't like fish really liked this dish, served with herbed corn on the cob and fresh sliced tomatoes mmmmm!!"
"Not good. I don't know anyone who would like this recipe."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.