Honey-Lime Red Snapper for Two
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 red snapper fillet (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and honey. Pour 1/2 cup into a
- large resealable plastic bag; add the fish. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Place remaining mixture in a
- small saucepan; set aside.
- Drain fish and discard marinade. Sprinkle fillets with chili powder;
- place on a greased broiler pan.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Meanwhile, bring reserved lime juice mixture to
- a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half. Spoon
- over fillets. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 237 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.