Honey Lime Fruit Toss
A tongue-tickling lime dressing complements the fruit in this refreshing and versatile medley. Angela Oelschlaeger of Tonganoxie, Kansas suggests you serve it at breakfast or as a summery side dish. It looks beautiful on a salad buffet as well.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set juice aside. In a bowl,
- combine the pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries, bananas and
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, lime peel and
- reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; gently toss to coat.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 133 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.