Honey Lime Fruit Toss Recipe
A tongue-tickling lime dressing complements the fruit in this refreshing and versatile medley. Angela Oelschlaeger of Tonganoxie, Kansas suggests you serve it at breakfast or as a summery side dish. It looks beautiful on a salad buffet as well.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set juice aside. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries, bananas and kiwi.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, lime peel and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; gently toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 133 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Honey Lime Fruit Toss
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC