A tongue-tickling lime dressing complements the fruit in this refreshing and versatile medley. Angela Oelschlaeger of Tonganoxie, Kansas suggests you serve it at breakfast or as a summery side dish. It looks beautiful on a salad buffet as well.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set juice aside. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries, bananas and kiwi.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, lime peel and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; gently toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey Lime Fruit Toss in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p20
Reviews for Honey Lime Fruit Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"Excellent refreshing fruit salad!"
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
"Great way to sweeten your fruit with the honey lime Juice"