A tongue-tickling lime dressing complements the fruit in this refreshing and versatile medley. Angela Oelschlaeger of Tonganoxie, Kansas suggests you serve it at breakfast or as a summery side dish. It looks beautiful on a salad buffet as well.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set juice aside. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries, bananas and kiwi.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, lime peel and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; gently toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey Lime Fruit Toss in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p20
Reviews for Honey Lime Fruit Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"Excellent refreshing fruit salad!"
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
"Great way to sweeten your fruit with the honey lime Juice"