Honey Lime Chicken
Everyone in the family enjoys the delightful flavors of this tart, sweet chicken. I usually round out the meal and rice, salad and dessert.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, brown chicken
- in oil over medium-high heat. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add
- 1/4 cup juice to skillet; reserve remaining juice. Cover and simmer
- for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove to a
- serving platter; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine honey, lime
- juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice; pour into
- skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pineapple; heat through. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with lime
- peel. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 326 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,217 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.