- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add 1/4 cup juice to skillet; reserve remaining juice. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add pineapple; heat through. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with lime peel. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Honey Lime Chicken
Sort By :
"Just had it for dinner and it is going to be made many more times. Loved the sauce!"
"I gave it only 4 stars because my husband said three stars...and I said five! So...we compromised and did four. He, like the other reviewer mentioned, thought it was too sweet. I actually liked it! I don't think I'm much help here but it is, in fact, sweet. I served it over white rice...and cubed the chicken. That was the ONLY thing I did different. I did throw in a bit more soy sauce to help with the sweetness. Good stuff and will make it again...whether he wants me to or not. :)"
"Hi Sgronholz, did you serve it with white rice or would try it with any rice? Calorie conscience here."
"I cubed the chicken breasts and used pineapple chunks instead of slices, then served the mixture over rice...yum! My husband thought the lime flavor was a bit on the strong side, so I'll tone it down a little the next time I make it; however, we both enjoyed it."
"Absolutely wonderful!! I followed the recipe exactly....wouldn't change a thing!"