- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add 1/4 cup juice to skillet; reserve remaining juice. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add pineapple; heat through. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with lime peel. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Honey Lime Chicken(2)
Sort By :
I cubed the chicken breasts and used pineapple chunks instead of slices, then served the mixture over rice...yum! My husband thought the lime flavor was a bit on the strong side, so I'll tone it down a little the next time I make it; however, we both enjoyed it.
Absolutely wonderful!! I followed the recipe exactly....wouldn't change a thing!