Honey-Lime Berry Salad
I picked up this dish a couple of years ago, and really like the mint and fruit combo. Cilantro is one of my summer favorites so sometimes I use it instead. Turns out, this recipe's really two in one! —Kayla Spence, Wilber, Nebraska
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, cubed
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries and apples. In a
- small bowl, whisk lime juice, honey and mint. Pour over fruit; toss
- to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 93 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.