Honey Lemon Schnitzel
From Carole Fraser of North York, Ontario come a wonderful schnitzel. These pork cutlets are coated in a sweet sauce with honey, lemon juice and butter. They're certainly good enough for company, but perfect for a quick, week-night meal, too. “Very seldom are there any leftovers,” remarks Carole.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork sirloin cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Add pork, two pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a
- large skillet, cook pork in butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
- on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and honey to the skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes
- or until thickened. Return pork to pan; cook 2-3 minutes longer or
- until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cutlet equals 174 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer