Honey Lemon Jelly
I love both honey and lemon, so I combined those ingredients into a doubly delightful jelly. Spread it on toast, bagels, English muffins or scones for a tangy breakfast treat.
24 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Process: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups honey
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine honey, lemon juice and peel. Bring to a full
- rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin.
- Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into three hot
- sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims.
- Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5
- minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: 3 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 110 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.