Honey Lemon Jelly
I love both honey and lemon, so I combined those ingredients into a doubly delightful jelly. Spread it on toast, bagels, English muffins or scones for a tangy breakfast treat.
24 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Process: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups honey
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine the honey, lemon juice and peel. Bring to a
- full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in
- pectin. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam if necessary. Carefully ladle hot
- mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.
- headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process
- for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 3 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 110 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.