Honey Lemon Cookies Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the honey, egg and lemon peel. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup wheat germ, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining wheat germ. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in a resealable plastic bag. Yield: about 4 dozen.
One serving (3 cookies) equals 172 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Honey Lemon Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.