Honey Lemon Cookies
Pat Habiger of Spearville, Kansas brought home a blue ribbon from the state fair with these delightful cookies flavored with lemon peel and rolled in a wheat germ coating.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the honey, egg and lemon
- peel. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup wheat germ, baking powder and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining wheat germ. Place 2
- in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Store in a resealable plastic bag. Yield: about 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 cookies) equals 172 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,