Pat Habiger of Spearville, Kansas brought home a blue ribbon from the state fair with these delightful cookies flavored with lemon peel and rolled in a wheat germ coating.
Featured In: Mom's Best Cookie Recipes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the honey, egg and lemon peel. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup wheat germ, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining wheat germ. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in a resealable plastic bag. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Lemon Cookies in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p15
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Honey Lemon Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review