Some nights I make the filling for tacos and we load on any toppings we want. Either way, my family devours them. Kristi Moak, Gilbert, Arizona
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Pour 1 can enchilada sauce into a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in prepared dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Microwave, covered, on high 11-13 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, top with green onions and tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Lemon Chicken Enchiladas in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Lemon Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review