- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Pour 1 can enchilada sauce into a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in prepared dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Microwave, covered, on high 11-13 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, top with green onions and tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Lemon Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Outstanding with lime juice! Ridiculously easy. My husband LOVED these. I added a can of black beans to the mixture to make them healthier and more filling. I will definitely make again!"
"My hubby LOVES honey and enjoyed this dish. I'm not sure the recipe goes into the 'keeper' category, but as I've never tasted enchiladas like these, it was great twist on a traditional favorite!"
"These are not a traditional enchilada but a fun spin with a touch of honey to sweeten things up. Don't be afraid to give them a try. Reduce the honey if you're nervous about the sweet reviews, give the sauce a taste. You can always add more if you like the flavor."
"This was way too sweet for us!! I made it as a casserole, layering the tortillas, chicken, cheese & sauce. With a healthy dose of hot sauce it was good, a nice mix of spicy/sweet."
"I followed the recipe , but I'll use less honey next time. It was good, though a bit sweet for us."