- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Pour 1 can enchilada sauce into a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in prepared dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Microwave, covered, on high 11-13 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, top with green onions and tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Lemon Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
I followed the recipe , but I'll use less honey next time. It was good, though a bit sweet for us.
I made this as tacos, per the suggestion in the recipe, but the chicken filling was oddly sweet and chili powder flavored. My husband and I liked it OK, but the kids turned up their noses at it. Perhaps it would have been better as enchiladas, with the green salsa to further complement the flavors?
Excellent recipe! I used a rotisserie chicken and did not have garlic powder, but used a tsp of onion power. I used the juice from one lime. Outstanding! A new favorite!