When I told our 12-year-old daughter, Amanda, That we were grilling chicken, she asked to make a marinade. Now we use her combination of honey, lemon, garlic and seasonings every time we grill chicken. —Tamara McFarlin Mondovi, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey Lemon Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review