Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
"Loved this! The marinade was quick to whip up & the chicken was full of flavor!"
"This recipe was outstanding! I made it a couple weeks ago and I'm making it again tonight. My husband and the kids raved about it (ages 2, 3, and 6)! Used the leftovers for grilled chicken salad the next day. I could eat this every day and just change the side dishes I'd use! So yummy!"
"I had recently bought a lot of chicken breasts and used this recipe as a freezer meal. I prepared the marinade in a ziplock bag, added the chicken breasts and froze. We pulled it out the other day to defrost (in the marinade) and then put them on the grill. The flavor of the marinade was delicious! Not too overpowering, but very good. I will definately be using this one again!"
"Great recipe for chicken on the grill. My husband and I loved it!"
"SO easy to prepare that night before. Quick to grill. Tastes wonderful!"