Honey Hoisin Chicken & Potatoes
When I was a little, Tutu (my grandma) cooked up this blend of Asian and American flavors. The potatoes are delicious drizzled with pan juices. —Janet Yee, Phoenix, AZ
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes and onion in a greased
- 13x9-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, mix hoisin, honey, 1/4
- teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add to potato mixture and
- toss to coat.
- Place chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with remaining salt and
- pepper. Roast 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and a
- thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180°; baste occasionally
- with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer