Honey-Herb Pork Recipe
- 1 cup beer or ginger ale
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare the grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, serve with remaining marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork equals 274 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.