"Just two bites of this moist, mouthwatering entree, and I asked for the recipe! Low enough in fat to fit my husband’s heart-smart diet, it’s also tasty enough to serve company."—Nancy Kopp of Manhattan, Kansas
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, seasoned salt, paprika and pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine the marjoram, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, seasoned salt, paprika and pepper. Rub over pork. Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty foil; place tenderloins on a rack in prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup; keep warm.
- Spoon half of the remaining sauce over pork. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing once more with sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Herb Pork Tenderloin in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p21
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Honey-Herb Pork Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review