Honey-Hazelnut Brie Tartines Recipe
For my French-themed dinner party, I created an hors d’oeuvre using two foods I love—Brie cheese and Granny Smith apples. The topped toasts have lots of sweet-tart flavor.
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tart apples, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1. Place bread on baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the butter, honey and rosemary until blended. Stir in hazelnuts.
- 2. Spread 1 teaspoon hazelnut mixture over each toast. Layer with apple and Brie slices. Top with remaining hazelnut mixture. Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Honey-Hazelnut Brie Tartines
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC