- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, honey and garlic; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for basting.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade from bag. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. On a greased grill rack, grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and firm, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Grilled Shrimp
"Very delicious and so easy to make! My kids loved this, too. The honey is so tasty in this recipe!"
"how much is a serving? 383mg of sodium... wow?"
"I have made these four times already and LOVE this recipe! I have also added a small pinch of red pepper flakes to them for a little heat! This is a family favorite!"
"Very easy and flavorful!"
"Delicious and easy!!!"
"Awesome! Instead of putting it on skewers, put it in an aluminum pan on the grill. The sauce was yummy!"
"I don't eat seafood, but I did try this at least. I still don't like seafood, but my boyfriend liked these and gave them a four star. Guess that must be good!"
"My son and I both loved this! Too bad DH is allergic to shellfish. I used the marinade to make him a piece of chicken though and he said it was good! DS and I enjoyed the shrimp!"