Honey Grilled Shrimp
“My husband was given this super-simple recipe by a man who sold shrimp at the fish market,” explains Lisa Blackwell from her home in Henderson, North Carolina. “It’s now become our family’s absolute favorite shrimp recipe. We’ve even served it to company often…with great success. Enjoy!”
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, honey and garlic; set
- aside 1/2 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable
- plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using
- long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 1
- to 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill
- or broil 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, turning and
- basting frequently. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 175 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.