- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, honey and garlic; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for basting.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade from bag. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. On a greased grill rack, grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and firm, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Grilled Shrimp
"I love shrimp and so does my cousin so I am always on the hunt for ways to dress it up. This was perfect. It is super yummy and glazes so well to the shrimp. This is definitely something I will be making all summer."
"We both thought it very good and will make it again soon. Believe we'll add a bit of Cayenne pepper in the marinade. We like our food a bit snappy."
"Very delicious and so easy to make! My kids loved this, too. The honey is so tasty in this recipe!"
"how much is a serving? 383mg of sodium... wow?"
"I have made these four times already and LOVE this recipe! I have also added a small pinch of red pepper flakes to them for a little heat! This is a family favorite!"
"Very easy and flavorful!"
"Delicious and easy!!!"
"Awesome! Instead of putting it on skewers, put it in an aluminum pan on the grill. The sauce was yummy!"