“My husband was given this super-simple recipe by a man who sold shrimp at the fish market,” explains Lisa Blackwell from her home in Henderson, North Carolina. “It’s now become our family’s absolute favorite shrimp recipe. We’ve even served it to company often…with great success. Enjoy!”
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, honey and garlic; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for basting.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade from bag. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and firm, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey Grilled Shrimp in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Grilled Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review