Honey-Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar and oil. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- 4. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with honey mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork: 298 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 5 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Honey-Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.