- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Grilled Chicken Breasts
"Really delicious. And the leftovers were very tasty, too. I made some great chicken salad."
"Excellent. I agree with the submitter: the longer you marinate the better (I left them in the marinade for 30 hours). Only substitution I made was to use agave syrup instead of the honey."
"just okay - nothing special"
"This is excellent and I have made it a few times! I did not use the grill but it would be even better on the grill, next time! I did however saute it with the extra sauce for a bit~! Very good!"
"I leave out the ginger and it is our favorite way to do chicken! My kids love it!"