Honey Grapefruit Halves Recipe
I like to experiment with quick, economical meals using citrus from our own groves. Our packinghouse crew tells me this slightly sweet side dish is one of my best. It's a real eye-opener at breakfast!Peterson's Groves and Nursery, Fred Peterson, Vero Beach, Florida
- 2 red grapefruit, halved
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 maraschino cherries or whole fresh strawberries, optional
- Place grapefruit halves, cut side up, in an ovenproof pan. Loosen grapefruit sections. Drizzle with honey; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil 5 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish each with a cherry or strawberry if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey Grapefruit Halves in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p65
Reviews for Honey Grapefruit Halves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Fruit Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >