Honey Granola Bread Recipe
I've made this bread for several occasions, and it always gets rave reviews. The granola gives it a wonderful texture that makes it perfect for toast in the morning and also for sandwiches.
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, granola, yeast and salt; blend well. In a medium saucepan, combine water, yogurt, honey and oil; heat to 120° to 130°. Add to flour mixture along with eggs; mix on low speed. Stir in whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead about 8-10 minutes, adding enough remaining all-purpose flour until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Shape into two loaves; place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Remove from pans to cool on wore racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Honey Granola Bread in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p59
Reviews for Honey Granola Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review