- for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients; brush over turkey. Bake 1-3/4
- to 2-1/4 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest
- part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Baste occasionally with pan
- drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- For stuffing, in a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add
- onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add stuffing cubes and
- seasonings; toss to combine. Stir in enough boiling water to reach
- desired moistness; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned.
- Remove turkey from oven; cover loosely with foil and let stand 15
- minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan
- drippings for gravy. Serve with turkey and stuffing. Yield: 14
- servings (8 cups stuffing).
Editor's Note: Stuffing can also be baked in turkey. Loosely stuff turkey just before baking; bake as directed, increasing final bake time by 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180° in thigh and 165° in center of stuffing.
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with 1/2 cup stuffing equals 663 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 1,129 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 73 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now