Honey-Glazed Spiral Ham
Celebrate a holiday with this big and savory ham. The spiraled pieces taste so good drenched in a sweet and tangy glaze. If you like extra glaze, simply double the recipe and drizzle away or serve some on the side.
20-24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 8 pounds)
- 1/2 cup pear nectar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Combine pear nectar and
- orange juice; brush 1/3 cup over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes,
- brushing twice with remaining juice mixture.
- Combine brown sugar and honey; spread over ham. Bake 45-55 minutes
- longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally
- with pan drippings. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer