Honey-Glazed Snack Mix
For a nice change of pace from packaged snack, try this golden, slightly sweet mix from Cindy Kolberg of Suracuse, Indiana. "I've even put this mix in decorative canisters and given it as gifts," she notes.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups Rice or Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels and pecans; set aside. Melt
- butter in a small saucepan; stir in honey and blend well. Pour over
- cereal mixture and stir to coat evenly. Spread in a jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly
- glazed, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool completely. Yield: about 6-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 238 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.