Honey-Glazed Lamb Chops
What a lot of flavor for such little effort! “We’re always glad to find a recipe like this that is ‘company-special’ but so fast to put together.”
Dolores Hurtt – Florence, Montana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 New Zealand lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
Make a holiday feast guests will love with pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb.
Learn More >
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, mustard, onion salt and
- pepper. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until
- heated through.
- Brush sauce over both sides of lamb. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for
- 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 lamb chops equals 254 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.