- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup dried fruit bits
- 1/4 cup water
- Dash ground allspice
- CORNISH HENS:
- 2 Cornish game hen (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add the bread, fruit bits, water and allspice; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Loosely stuff hens with stuffing. Tuck wings under hens; tie drumsticks together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine butter and honey; brush over hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if hens brown too quickly. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Glazed Hens with Fruit Stuffing for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews for Honey-Glazed Hens with Fruit Stuffing for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2010
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2010
Sooo good and so easy! The only fruit I used was cranberries(dried) and it was excellent!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Stuffing Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >