- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups ginger ale
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour ginger ale over ham. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- Combine the honey, mustard, cloves and cinnamon; stir until smooth. Spread over ham; cook 30 minutes longer. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Glazed Ham
"for those who have tried this recipe did you have to add more ginger ale later on?"
"Very easy and very good. My ham was so tender."
"My family and I enjoyed this delicious ham for New Year's Eve this holiday season. I prepped it the night before. Feel, as though, the ham absorbed some of the ginger ale, so added enough the next morning to come half way up the ham. I, also, doubled the glaze ingredients. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!"
"My ham turned out very dry and thought there was to much cloves in it. I will not be making this recipe again."
"Slow cooking the ham makes for an easier than easy recipe. Ginger ale is key for a juicy, sweet start, and the ingredients added later lock in great flavor."
"I think you are supposed to cut the ham in half to ensure that it heats through properly. lAs directed in a recipe I received from TOH, I did that with my corned beef this weekend (St. Patrick's Day) and it cooked through perfectly set on Low for 6 hours."
"Dare I ask: Could I use a canned ham?LaSienne"
"Someone asked if both pieces of ham should be used. The recipe feeds 14 - so evidently you use the entire ham, cut into two pieces."
"I have used this recipe for years and would not change for the world/ makes it very moist and the ginger ale is the secret."