Honey-Glazed Drop Biscuits
A handful of ingredients are all you’ll need for these moist biscuits brushed with a sweet glaze. “I make these easy biscuits for my church and by special request,” says Diane Patton of Toledo, Ohio. “I made 350 the last time!” Diane adds, “I use a small ice cream scoop to drop the batter onto pans.”
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk and mayonnaise just until
- moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Combine
- honey and butter; brush 1/2 cup over hot biscuits. Serve warm with
- remaining honey butter. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Editor's Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup. As a substitute for 1/4 cup of self-rising flour, place 3/8 teaspoon baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a 1/4-cup measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium,