My family raves over this nicely browned chicken. The rich honey glaze gives each luscious piece a spicy tang. This dish is simple enough to prepare for a family dinner and delightful enough to serve to guests. -Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and cayenne pepper; add the chicken pieces shake to coat. Pour 4 tablespoons butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; place chicken in pan, turning pieces once to coat.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine the brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter; pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting several times with pan drippings. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Glazed Chicken in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey-Glazed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review