Honey-Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and cayenne pepper; add the chicken pieces shake to coat. Pour 4 tablespoons butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; place chicken in pan, turning pieces once to coat.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine the brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter; pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting several times with pan drippings. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey-Glazed Chicken(19)
Sort By :
I made this often years ago when it was first published. We love it. It had been awhile and I reintroduced my family to it recently and we still love it. The flavor of the glaze is wonderful! No changes other than I will use bone-in chicken breasts. Highly recommended!
Easy preparations and delicious!
Worshipguy said he didn't like this in part because it needed frequent basting but I forgot to do that and it turned out just fine! I like the curry flavor
Delicious chicken dish
The chicken was very moist and had good flavor, but I don't know about the simplicity. I didn't like the fact that you had to baste so frequently. I also halved the amount of cayenne and curry because my wife don't like spicy foods. Next time I might try this with boneless skinless chicken breasts and see how they turn out.