My family raves over this nicely browned chicken. The rich honey glaze gives each luscious piece a spicy tang. This dish is simple enough to prepare for a family dinner and delightful enough to serve to guests.
-Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- cayenne pepper; add the chicken pieces shake to coat. Pour 4
- tablespoons butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; place chicken
- in pan, turning pieces once to coat.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine the brown sugar,
- honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter;
- pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender,
- basting several times with pan drippings. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 501 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.