Honey-Glazed Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-1/2-inch wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5-6 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 363 calories, 22g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Glazed Chicken Kabobs
"Good one , very tastey"
"this chicken is tremendous!"
"this chicken is awesome"
"this chicken is great!"
"this was great!"
"it was great"
"This is absolutely delicious and easy to make! I made them for a dinner rehearsal for a wedding for 20 people they all said they were the best they had ever had! I did add chunks of pineapple and squash with mushroom caps ...wonderful"
"This is delicious and very easy to make! I let my chicken marinate overnight, and it was wonderful! I also added mushrooms and pineapple to the kabobs, and my daughter loved them. I'll be making this again soon!"
"We have modified the recipe to put in a grill pan with holes on the BBQ. It is then more like a stir-fry. We love to entertainwith it on the menu."
"Delicious, everyone loved it. Will definitely make again."
"Excellent marinade (didn't flare up too much on the BBQ despite the honey). Needs to marinate the full 5 hrs though."
"these are so good! I used teriyaki soy sauce and replaced the horse radish with ginger for an asian flavor."
"Excellent marinade! This was my first time making kabobs and they came out perfect. My husband and I raved about them. Will definately be making these again!"
"I added pineapple chunks, squash, zucchini, and fresh mushrooms to the kabobs, and they turned out great! The marinaded chicken has a really nice flavor, and I made extra marinade to use as a sauce to serve over brown rice too! Yummy!"
"Very good marinade. I included mushrooms and pineapple on the kabobs."
"This was absolutely delicious !!! My husband raved about this, we will for sure be making this again :)"
"This was wonderful!! I will be using this a lot. The marinade was excellant!"
"Yum! My family loves these. We make them often."
"made these for a party as appetizers and they were a big hit. Love this recipe!"
"Fabulous marinade. I have made it several times with no changes."
"My whole family enjoyed these yummy kabobs. I know get asked for them regularly. So good!"
"I made this for the first time tonight and was pleasantly suprised at how good it was! I made the marinade exactly as written and after making it would not change a thing. This will definitely be a repeat in my house! I can't wait to try the marinade on pork or beef."
"Wow - delicious!! The marinade is amazing. We will be using this recipe often!!"
"I made these for a special dinner with friends. They were SO GOOD!!!! I had to pass along the recipe!"
"Oh my gosh! These were soooo good. I like to add my own twist to recipes, so for this one, I took the reserved marinade and mixed in some corn starch then heated it in a small pan on medium. Near the end of the grilling time I brushed that thicker glaze on to the kabobs and it was terrific. I will make this recipe again; this has been one of the best new recipes I've tried!"
"Very yummy! Will make again soon, and often!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.