Honey-Ginger Turkey Kabobs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- PINEAPPLE RICE:
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the turkey, pineapple, red pepper, red onion and lime wedges; set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice, dried pineapple, butter, lime peel and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Meanwhile, grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir the cilantro, onions and lime juice into the rice. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
2 kabobs with 3/4 cup rice : 437 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Honey-Ginger Turkey Kabobs
"A keeper! Loved the rice."
"Excellent served with the pineapple rice and egg rolls."
"Lovely marinade for poultry, but my favorite part of the recipe is the rice. It's so good and flavorful. I actually used the rice recipe to serve 400 at an auction event. Can't go wrong with this recipe."