- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread the turkey, pineapple, red pepper, red onion and
- lime wedges; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice, dried
- pineapple, butter, lime peel and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in.
- from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until turkey is no
- longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir the cilantro, onions and
- lime juice into the rice. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 kabobs with 3/4 cup rice equals 437 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.