Honey-Ginger Turkey Kabobs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- PINEAPPLE RICE:
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the turkey, pineapple, red pepper, red onion and lime wedges; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice, dried pineapple, butter, lime peel and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir the cilantro, onions and lime juice into the rice. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Ginger Turkey Kabobs(2)
Sort By :
Excellent served with the pineapple rice and egg rolls.
Lovely marinade for poultry, but my favorite part of the recipe is the rice. It's so good and flavorful. I actually used the rice recipe to serve 400 at an auction event. Can't go wrong with this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Pineapple >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >