Honey-Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 to 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 to 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir honey mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice (prepared with 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 420 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
"Fantastic..DH just loved it."
"I add double the veggies and extra sauce. Quick, easy, healthy..."
"I added minced garlic to the veggies and made extra sauce to give it more flavor. It turned out quite well."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.