Honey-Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 to 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 to 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir honey mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice (prepared with 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 420 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.