Honey Garlic Ribs Recipe
When you want a more "meaty" appetizer for your holiday buffet, reach for these finger-licking-good ribs!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours YIELD:24 servings
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into two-rib portions
- 2 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Place ribs bone side down in a large roasting pan; pour 1 cup water over ribs. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic powder and ginger. Stir in the honey, soy sauce and remaining water until smooth. Drain fat from roasting pan; pour sauce over ribs.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until meat is tender, basting occasionally. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 24 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 244 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC