Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Broil 4 to 6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 97 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Honey Garlic Chicken
"Sauce is too thin, flavor is okay, but not a favorite. needs to be thicker and more of it to keep the chicken from drying out."
"We really enjoyed it. I made it with OJ and the full amount of garlic and made sure to baste it. I thought it was very flavorful."
"Save ingredients...just cook plain chicken! Had very little flavor. Disappointing recipe.~ Theresa"
"Quite easy to make, the honey and orange don't overwhelm the chicken to make it 'chicken that doesn't take like chicken'. Chicken was very moist."
"This chicken has great flavor, but not nearly enough sauce. It is very moist, but needs the sauce to keep from getting dry."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.