Honey Fruit Loaves
"I'm always looking for quick-and-easy recipes," comments Norma Pederson of Colman, South Dakota. "These mini loaves are simple to make, and breakfast guests love them," she adds.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine flour, crumbs and baking powder. In another
- bowl, beat eggs, honey, oil, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple, dates and
- apricots. Spoon into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf
- pans. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes
- before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield:
- 3 mini loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 117 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.