Honey-Fried Walleye Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Canola oil
- Additional honey
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and honey. In another bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour, salt and pepper. Dip fillets into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry fish over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with honey. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.