Honey-Fried Walleye Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Canola oil
- Additional honey
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and honey. In another bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour, salt and pepper. Dip fillets into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry fish over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with honey. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 189 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Honey-Fried Walleye
"I've been using this recipe for years. Excellent. People who "won't touch fish" love it."
"I've been using this recipe for many years now. We catch a lot of crappie in the south and it's wonderful with this recipe. Also have tried using other types of fish and it's always a hit!"
"My grandma used to fry walleye and northern pike with a very similar recipe. Yummy! Brings back fond memories of going to the cabin & fishing each summer."
"Whole family loved it!!!!!!!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.