- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2-1/4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash white pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, butter and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Stir in the honey, mustard and pepper.
- Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Drizzle with honey mixture and sprinkle with walnuts. Place asparagus around salmon. Fold foil around salmon and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey-Dijon Salmon and Asparagus
"Really good. Next time I might make more sauce to have with the cooked salmon."
"I made this tonight. The sauce was very flavorful, and I would probably also try it with chicken or even pork chops. I substituted broccoli and carrots for the asparagus. (I didn't have any fresh asparagus, and I don't prefer it.) I also did not use the walnuts, because I don't care for nuts."
"This smells great! I subbed raw almonds for walnuts. We were out of propane on the grill so I baked it for 12-15 min @ 425. Served over basmati rice."
"I am always looking for simple, quick recipes. Although I love cooking I try to limit the amount of time I spend in the kitchen. This recipe was everything I could have hoped for, quick and delicious.. I even cooked mine in the over, took a little longer but was amazing."
"Very, Very good!Nice blending of flavours.Definitely a Keeper.The only thing I would change is to cut down on the cornstarch."
"I found the flavor of the sauce just delightful when I made it up front so I was really excited about this recipe. In the end after all was done and cooked, it was just OK. The sauce gets kind of lost after steaming the salmon in the foil, perhaps because a lot of watery liquid comes out of the salmon as it cooks. So if I make the salmon like this again I would make more sauce to just add over the top at the end. I used the sauce recipe with macadamian nuts to glaze shrimp as I broiled them and that was outstanding."
"Everything you want in a recipe...quick, easy and delicious. An added plus is the ease of clean-up!"
"Many friends and family members have asked for the recipe and considered this their favorite take on Salmon.Works in the oven or BBQ"
"I fixed this and it was great.I get healthy cooking. Are the receipes listed .?"